Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV Reviews


Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV Reviews


Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV by Panasonic. VIERA Join is a cloud service that gives access to apps in classes like video and music, social networking, games, information and way of life, sports activities, well being and fitness. Be taught extra in regards to the world of Smart VIERA and VIERA Connect here. Improve your TV Experience with Standard Apps Fashionable apps on VIERA Join embrace Netflix, Amazon Prompt Video, Fb, Twitter, Wall Street Journal, and huluplus, all optimized for the absolute best person experience. Within the 2012 TVs, you'll be able to have an unlimited variety of apps put in as a result of these apps are stored within the cloud, somewhat than in the TV reminiscence itself. Learn extra about "sensible" TVs, how they work, what companies are supplied by different producers, and precisely what you will have to get started at Amazon's Good TV Center. Backside line: Lovely picture (black is admittedly black!), nice internet functionality, and little impression from the problems which have been noted right here and elsewhere. Prior to making this buy I did many hours of online reading that consisted of: CNET, AV/excessive def message boards and opinions, and Amazon opinions and comments. I asked myself the same questions most TV purchasers ask themselves: plasma vs. LED/LCD, Samsung vs. Panasonic, etc.

 I purchased the 60ST50 from Amazon and it was delivered in the course of June 2012. By the use of background, I own three different LCD's (one among them an LED/LCD) and this was my first foray into plasma. I felt like plasma was a low threat choice for this TV as it's stepping into a basement with no windows. The overall consensus online is that the ST50 is one of the best value available for a superb picture. Always desirous to get the most important bang for my buck, this consensus opinion was the number one think about my decision. As I said, I read a whole lot of opinions and, despite the consensus above, had plenty of reservations due to points that others encountered with the ST50. Here's a abstract of my considerations and my findings. I should notice that I ran the screen prep slides that you will discover on the market on the message boards after which performed around with two totally different steered calibration settings. I do not know whether the display prep slides are necessary and might't say whether they ready my display screen for calibration. What HAS been proven is that I am a severe nerd. Display screen buzzing: Some reviews have famous screen buzz.

 I was very concerned out of the gate because the display screen prep slides have a white slide. When this slide was proven and the entire phosphors had been glowing at 100%, there was a clear buzz emanating from the TV. You could hear it from in every single place in the small room the place I was prepping the TV (what a nerd!). The good news is that the buzzing actually diminished over the time that I ran the slides. In a larger room watching actual TV content material, it is not audible from in front of the panel even when the content is quiet. Should you stick your head behind it, you possibly can still hear a low buzz. My advice: do not buy this television in the event you plan to watch it from behind. Otherwise, if you'll be watching it conventionally you ought to be relieved to listen to that I've no issues with buzzing after the break-in period. Viewing in a vibrant room: As famous, this tv is for my basement but I had a chance to view it in a fairly bright room and with ceiling lights above.

 Typically, no issues. The filter works pretty well. I might see issues when you had a room with a number of vibrant daylight where the windows may mirror off the panel. If that's your situation, you are probably considering LED/LCD anyway. Solely you possibly can determine what's proper on your individual circumstances. Picture retention: One other early scare: my Directv rebooted and the directv logo was onscreen for 15 minutes or so. When it was finished the image was retained as a shadow for 30 seconds or so after which it went away. Gave me a fast scare but wasn't anything to be concerned about. I've had the menus open for decent amounts of time. I've watched channels with logos. I've watched a number of motion pictures with black bars on the top and bottom. No further issues. Hockey: The one entertaining guy within the Amazon reviews that had hockey issues might have scared me. But I do not watch hockey. I have, although, watched baseball, basketball, soccer, soccer, golf, monitor and area, etc.

 They all look great. No issues. Some critiques have famous that the picture is too dark relative to an LED/LCD, has no pop, and looks washed out. I will tell you that the picture is completely different from an LED/LCD. This television has very lifelike footage and colors. It's a very refreshing change. The most effective a part of this television are the blacks that are really black. My spouse, who often does not notice such things, mentioned, "Wow! The image is so bright." (Hint for those that do not find it shiny enough after calibration - alter the gamma setting for immediate brightness). I actually like this tv and am proud of my purchase. If that modifications over time, I'll update this review. 

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV
Panasonic
46.5 x 1.8 x 28 inches ; 48.6 pounds 
Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment